Finally WhatsApp Business has launched the long awaited Product Catalog. I assume this feature will increase the transactions in e-Commerce ecosystem. This will help the Small Business Owners who use WhatsApp Business App.
On 4th November 2019, WhatsApp Business App rolled out Catalog Manager. It will galvanize small businesses for sure.
To get started with Catalog Manager, you first need to Add your product/service. For adding Products or Services to your WhatsApp Business App follow the below steps:
- Go to settings on your WhatsApp Business App and choose Settings from the popup.
- On the Settings Page, tab Business settings to reach Catalog Option.
3. Once you reach your Business Settings, Tab Catalog option to add your Product or Service.
Now you are at Catalog Manager of WhatsApp Business App. Here you need to tab Add Product or Service.
By using this feature, you automatically agree to:
- Facebook Commercial Terms – https://www.facebook.com/legal/commercial_terms
- WhatsApp Commercial Policies – https://www.whatsapp.com/legal/business-policy/
To Add your Product or service, you need:
- Product or Service Images.
- The Name of your Product or Service.
- You can also add Price.
If you want to give further details about your product, you can tab more fields and add the Product Description and if you have a website or any other link that describes your Product then it can added as well.
It also allows you to add Product or Service code, so you can use your SKU code for keeping the uniformity about the product.
Let’s discover some important things to drive sales to your Business with the help of WhatsApp Business App.
Important things to remember on WhatsApp Business Catalog Manager to Drive Sales
- WhatsApp Business allows you to Add 10 Images to a Product/Service Listing
- Make sure you add quality images.
- First Image should be the best and the most attractive image, since it is going to be the thumbnail for the product .
- First Image will let the potential lead decide – If he/she want to view the product details or not.
- Try to add Product Images as well as Product Usage Images, so your potential lead gets clear about product usage. It will trigger him/her to make a Purchase
- Go for adding price, if your product is not very expensive.
- Adding high prices will make your potential lead bounce back.
- Add Price if you are offering something at a very competitive price than others, to trigger sales.
- Currently, WhatsApp lets you add only the Offer Price.
- WhatsApp has not defined any Word Limit yet for Product descriptions, so be as descriptive as possible.
- Try to be as descriptive as possible.
- Make sure you keep pitching your product while describing it.
- Also, make sure the description make the lead feel like if they are going through the journey of the Product.
- Don’t miss to add Product Feature and Usage in the description.
- If you have a website then it is suggested to Add your Website’s Product Link. It will help you to leave your website cookies on the user’s device for the re-marketing.
- If you don’t have a Website, then you can add your online payment link.
- Don’t add link to the Marketplaces like Amazon, as you may be able to give a good deal at lesser expenses if you go without any mediator.
Product or Service Code
- You can sync your Product or Service Code with your SKU Code.
- This Code will help you differentiate similar kind of different products.
- If you are Whole Seller or dealing in B2B then these codes will shorten the cycle of the transaction and you may get quick sales.
If these points are helping you then do mention them in the comment below or you can reach out to me. Also, if you have any doubt or want to share something about this feature then do comment below.
To know more about recent WhatsApp Updates, visit: WhatsApp rolled out 3 important features. What’s next? Advertisements?
You can also, discuss it in our Community!
Join our Community ➡️ https://www.facebook.com/groups/digitalmarketingrecipes