If you are a Content Creator on Facebook, then this is definitely going to be an excellent news for you!
After Monetization with Ad Breaks on Facebook, the platform has given more financial power to its Content Creators with Paid Subscription to Fan Pages.
What kind of Content Creators should opt for Fan Subscription?
1. Pages with a large & active following:
If you have a large active audience on your Facebook Page then you should definitely make a bee line for Fan Subscription.
The higher engagement shows that your content is being liked by large number of audiences.
2. Creators interested in offering exclusive benefit or bonus content:
Does your audience eagerly wait for your content?
If yes, then why not to offer them early access to your content before it goes public?
If you can regularly offer something in bonus to your Paid Subscribers then go Paid Subscription for your Facebook Page.
How to get started with Paid Fan Subscriptions?
If you get the notification for Fan Subscription then Congratulations!
PS: You’ll need this notification to onboard for Fan Subscriptions!
Checkout for notification:
- Facebook notification
- Page notification
Without this notification, you cannot proceed with monetizing with Fan Subscriptions.
Once you get the notification, click Get Started:
Select your Page and Agree to the Terms
You can agree to the terms by:
- Select Go to Creator Studio.
- Choose the Page you want to use for subscriptions and select Start Setup.
- Review and agree to the Terms.
Set up your Payout Account
In order to receive money from your subscribers, you’ll need to activate a payout account for fan subscriptions.
Necessary Documents for Payout Account
- The legal name, address, phone number and contact email associated with the Page admin responsible for payouts.
- A social security number (US only)
- An employee identification number (Corporation only)
- Foreign Tax ID Number (Non-US only)
- A bank account or a PayPal account
- Please read out Taxation formalities and documentation required here –
Setup your payout account
- When prompted during onboarding, fill out the information regarding your country, business type, legal name, address, phone number, email and legal information such as your tax identification.
- You must upload your tax form.
- In order to receive your fan subscription earnings, you must link the bank account where you would like to receive your payments.
- You have the option of linking a bank account or a PayPal account.
- To link a bank account: submit the bank’s country, routing number, the account number and bank holder name.
- To link a PayPal account: submit account’s country, associated email address and account holder’s first and last name.
Once your account is set up, your payments will be deposited every two months.
Choose the benefit for Subscribers
To get started with Fan Subscriptions you need to tell Facebook, how your Subscribers are going to get benefitted from Paid Subscription:
- Exclusive Content: Publish posts, videos, photos, polls or personal updates exclusively to your supporters.
- Exclusive Live Videos: Connect privately with your supporters in real time to answer questions and gain feedback.
- Discounts: Provide special discount codes for merch, events or products via supporter-only messages or posts.
Once you’ve saved and submitted your benefit selections, Facebook Team will review your Page to ensure it’s in compliance with both Facebook and Apple monetization policies.
The review typically takes 5-7 days and you’ll be notified directly once your status has been decided.
When your subscription is approved:
- You’ll receive a notification with a prompt to activate subscriptions for your Page.
- Select Activate Subscriptions. Fans will be able to subscribe immediately.
Tip: To enable ‘Support Now‘ CTA in your posts, use #supporters in text copy after your Fan Subscriptions Monetization is approved.
What is the Eligibility for Fan Subscriptions on Facebook ?
Like Facebook Ad Break Monetization, for Page Subscription as a content creator you should adhere to:
Facebook Community Standards
Facebook Community Standards are the foundational rules against unsafe content that depicts graphic violence, nudity and hate speech. In most cases, even non-monetized content must follow our Community Standards.
Partner Monetization Policies
Partner Monetization Standards are typically applied at the Page level, and address the behavior of the Page as a whole, including rules for the content that your Page creates, how that content is shared and how your Page receives and makes online payments.
Content Monetization Policies
Content Monetization Standards typically apply at the content level. They address the content of each individual video or post that your Page publishes. The Content Monetization Policies include rules against violent, sexual, criminal, graphic or profane content.
How to get Access to Fan Subscriptions Monetization?
Here is a twist! Currently, the access to Fan Subscriptions is by invitation only.
Have some questions?
Join our Community ➡️ https://www.facebook.com/groups/digitalmarketingrecipes