What is Fundo?
Fundo is a virtual experience platform launched by Google’s Area 120 for creators. It is an interactive platform which enables the creators to connect with their audience, create memories out of those events and obviously you can monetize it too.
Area 120 is a Google’s in-house incubator for experimental projects
From where did Fundo came from?
The inspiration for Fund is VidCon. It is a fun fest even where creators and their audience can meet offline. So, Area 120 team actually thought of taking it virtual as due to pandemic doing fun fest or other meets ups is not possible.
VidCon, the world’s largest event for fans, creators, executives, and brands who share a passion for online video.
What you do can with Fundo?
Fundo let creators choose from two options one is if they want to meet their fans one to one or in a group and accordingly they can event below events:
1. One to One Chats & Photos
Fundo team calls it 1:1 Chats + Photos, it is a private video chat and photo booth session between the Creator and the fan. It has some really interactive features like:
2. Meet & Greet
During a Fan Fest fans can meet their favourite creator, similarly at Fundo Creator’s fan create a queue to meet the creator with a video chat individually. Most importantly the platform will communicate wait times to all the fans in the queue.
3. Photo Booth
During Meet & Greet session creators can take photos with Fundo’s built-in camera feature and their fan’s can take the photo or GIF with home and both will be able to share it with their friends.
Custom Photo Frames
Photo Booth also enables creators to use their channel branding or the theme of your online event with Custom Photo Frames. Below are some guidelines for creating the custom photo frames for your 1 to 1 Session:
How it works:
- Image must be in PNG format.
- Width must be exactly 832 pixels
- Height must be at least 450 pixels and less than 2400 pixels
You can also use Fundo’s photo frame template to create a customized photo frame.
If you want to take do a Q&A event with your audience group meet is for you. With Group Meet feature, you can do:
- Meet & Greet – Where your audience can form a queue and take turns to meet you in a video chat with your audience audience who will be able to hear and engage in the conversation. It is not a private room Meet and Greet rather is an open meet and greet where one fan meet at a time and others are muted.
- With Group Meet, Creators have the flexibility to chat with anyone in their audience at any time of the event. Creator can actually control whether he/she wants to chat with the next fan in the queue or the whole group or another fan.
- Creator/Host can can also enable the fans to raise their hand during the event to ask any question or give any comment.
If creator want to do a skill based interaction, then Workshop feature is the best for them, it enables:
- Presenting something to the group via screen share and also they can take up the questions and answers just like a workshop. To avoid any chaos creator can chat with one audience member at a time with other people muted.
- Fundo enables you to keep your workshop simplified and organized, as you can:
Share a materials list (if needed) with your audience before your workshop get started.
Set an agenda so the audience knows what to expect and can follow along during the workshop
Keep active discussions going and the audience engaged by enabling our raise hand feature during the event. Fans can “raise their hand” virtually whenever they have questions and comments. Creators will see a list of fans who have their hands raised and a hand on their screen.
How long event can your run on Fundo?
It is up to the creator as there is strict time limits for hosting the event, but you can do you have to share the tentative duration for your event. For time management there will be some timers which tells you longer have been chatting with your fan.
- During Meet & Greet and Workshops, it is only you who sees the timer.
- If you choose 1:1 Chat + Photos then the fan and creator both will get to see the timer.
- The timer turns yellow when you approach the designated time and will change to red you exhaust the target time.
How can I monetize with Fundo?
As a creator you can monetize by selling tickets for your event.
How much a creator can charge for Fundo event?
It is completely upon the host to decide how much they want to charge as their is no capping by the platform on the same.
How many tickets can a creator sell on Fundo?
It is upto creator how many tickets they want to sell for the event but Fundo team recommends 30 Tickets per event for each type of event.
How does Fundo work?
On Fundo, as a creator, you can host events to meet your audience face-to-face. The platform will take care of all the ticketing, payment processing, customer service and tech support so you can focus on your event.
All you need to do is:
- Design the event
- Invite the audience
- Meet them virtually
- Get paid
Between here is a twist the platform is not completely free for creators, they have to pay as per the pricing, the pricing is as below:
- If it is a Free Event then no monthly charges will be charged.
- If it is a paid event. 20% of the Ticket Sales will be charged by the platform.
- If it is a Free Ticket based event then platform will charge $1.50 per ticket.
Creators can get sponsors also for their event, sponsorship fee for branded events starts from $1000 and you need to talk to Fundo sales team for more details.
How can I apply for Fundo?
To know more about it watch this video:
If you have any questions, you can join our Facebook community.
Join Our Community ➡️ Digital Marketing Recipes