If you are an SEO professional or a website owner then you will know what keywords are and how they work. But for some of my beginner friends, let me tell you what the keyword is..
A Keyword is a term that you enter whenever you search something on a search engine like Google, yahoo, bing etc. No matter whether it is a single word or a phrase.
For example you searched for “Indian national animal”.
Keyword optimization is important for SEO of every website or webpage. It is also one of Google’s Top 10 Most Important Ranking Factors.
Everyone wants to rank their website on keywords that describe the content on their page or post best. When people search for that keyword or phrase in Google or other search engines, they should find their page or website.
Finding the right keyword for your website is a key to get high ranking on SERP. You have to do some keyword research to find one.
While doing keyword research, finding a bunch of keywords that you want to rank for is easy. But the hard part is figuring out what it’ll take to rank for those keywords (i.e., “keyword difficulty”).
What is Keyword Difficulty?
The process of evaluating how difficult it is to rank on a search engine’s organic search results for a specific term are known as Keyword difficulty. This is one of the most important parts of keyword research.
There are many tools like..
- Google Keyword Planner
These tools help in finding out keyword difficulty scores. But the only issue is that every tool measures keyword difficulty differently. And they show different scores even for the same keyword.
So if you want to find out the exact keyword difficulty then you need to do some research on your own and for that here we have the next topic.
How to figure out keyword difficulty?
Before finding keyword difficulty, you should have a list of keywords. For that you can read this blog of digital marketing recipes in which you will get to know about “how to do keyword research?”.
When your keyword list is ready, you have to choose every keyword one by one and check …
- The Page Authority and Domain Authority of top 10 websites which are already ranking on that keyword. (You can use Moz extension for the same ).
- The backlink profile of top 10 websites. It can help you to find out whether the website is using black hat SEO or not. (you can use any tool for that)
- The spam score of those websites which are already ranking on that keyword. (you can use Mozbar here also)
- Whether the websites are using subdomain or not. If the domain of a website is like “xyz.blogspot.com” in the result of that keyword, then it means that the keyword is low competitive.
- Quality of the content of those websites which are already ranking on that keyword.
By checking all this, you will know how much effort you will have to make to rank your website on that keyword. And your content has to be the best piece of content among all the present content. And when you are creating content, you have to use your keywords in that on which you want to rank.
Now you know what the keyword difficulty is, So let’s go and find some keywords on which you can rank.
And if you still have any questions regarding keyword difficulty, please feel free to get in touch.