Keywords are the base of SEO, so finding a right keyword for your website should always be a Priority.
In this blog, you will get to know about why keywords research is important for SEO and how to do it?
But first, you need to know….
What is keyword research?
Keyword research is a process of finding out what your targeted audience is searching for. By doing keyword research you will get to know about high traffic and low competitive keywords in your niche.
Why is keyword research important?
Keyword research is important because it is the only way to find out what your targeted audience is typing in search engines to get a result. If you do not optimize that keyword on your website, then you may lose your chance to get traffic and I’m sure you wouldn’t want that.
If you are creating content without knowing your target keyword, you might be creating worthless content that nobody is searching for and because of that according to a study, 90.63% of pages are not getting organic traffic on Google.
How to do keyword research?
Keyword research is not all about finding out what your targeted audience is searching for.
While choosing a keyword you have to see some other things like..
- How hard is it to rank on that keyword? (also known as keyword difficulty).
- How much traffic will you get from that keyword?
- What kind of content do you have to create for that keyword?
- Is the traffic on that keyword relevant for your website or not?
There are many keyword researching tool present on the web that can help you to find out your
Potential keywords, but to get the most out of them you have to undergo some manual work.
Here are some ways that can help,
- Look after your “seed” keywords: seed keywords can sprout out other keywords for which you can optimize your website. For example, if you owned a shop like mcdonalds then burger, french fries, fast food might be your seed keywords.
- Competitor’s Keywords: it is obvious that the keywords which your competitors are targeting are also relevant for you, by finding them you can get a list of keywords ready. (you can use any tool for that).
- Use Google Keyword Planner: By entering some seed keywords in google keyword planner you can get some relevant keyword ideas. It also shows you the monthly search for each keyword, so that you know how much traffic you can get from that keyword.
After doing this, you will definitely have a list of keywords ready. But remember that finding keywords is not enough for SEO, you have to use them well to get ranked on it. Therefore, Keywords density in your content is also very important.
Best keyword for you
There are mainly two types of keywords i). Long tail keyword and ii). Shot tail keyword.
Long tail keywords are low competitive and on the other short tail keywords have high volume of traffic. So which one is better for you? For that you have to read our blog about short tail vs long tail keywords.
That’s it for this blog, hope you enjoyed reading this blog and you must have come to know about keyword density.
If you have any questions about keywords research in SEO, please feel free to get in touch.